- @alessio_joseph thanks for reading my story and showing support! Stay good and be humble! 5 days ago
- “@FastCoLead: Why Productive People Get Up Insanely Early ow.ly/rf99H” Is this why I can never sleep "in"? 5 days ago
- Good morning, good people. Happy Small Business Saturday! 5 days ago
- Use code GOODBUY at thegoodchild.bigcartel.com for 30% off ALL TEES, y'all. #yall 6 days ago
- Shop thegoodchild.bigcartel.com with discount code GOODBUY today through Monday for 30% off ALL TEES! 6 days ago
- Good thanks! http://t.co/y7ehf8wJQW 1 week ago
- #whatif All of the Dallas hip-hop talent went on the road together? 2 weeks ago
- @BiggsUNKO Engineers for parents, ya' know? Dad still has (I now have) his colored pencils from the 1950's. I'll have to see what they are. 2 weeks ago
- @BiggsUNKO Parents were all about the Prismacolors. #spoiledgoodchild 2 weeks ago
- Another goodie. "Good Dallas." Sold out! Thank you! Find more at thegoodchild.bigcartel.com #bigcartel… instagram.com/p/g_OTpqHwJH/ 2 weeks ago
- November 2013
- October 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- Arnetic art Atama Austin birthday blogging brands Centre custom Dallas DART Denton design doodles drawing exclusive Fresh Kaufee Fur Face Boy GoodWoodNYC Goody two shoes hand drawn hand drawn type Hide Your Arms hip-hop iMeet indie interview Kill Hubris Kill Hubris Art House live locals locals only look book Loyal KNG Marcus Troy Mockingbird Station mom Mother's Day music necklace new packaging party portraits Quixotic Theater release Rubber Gloves sale San Antonio Sarah Jaffe series one Sneaker Bowl XLV sneakers sneak peek Sneaks Up Sneaks Up 5 Sore Losers spring Style X summer SXSW t-shirt t-shirts Texas The Body Wins The Good Child The Good Child Sale The Good Child Series One The Marcus Troy Experience TX Unkommon Kolor vintage vinyl toys We Are 1976 wood
It’s officially Fall in my city (Dallas, TX).
And, I’m in a good mood.
So, here’s a gift of free shipping on all tees for the next week! I’m including the “Hometown G” raglan, as it’s simply perfect for this chilly weather. Just use code GOODPOST at check-out to ensure your free shipping on your order!
From July 4th to July 8th, get 20% off all tees with special code GETFREE at http://thegoodchild.bigcartel.com!
If it weren’t for him, I would have never gained the nickname, The Good Child. It was always my father’s saying. It was also my father who joked around, convinced me of the darndest things (e.g. he used to hunt dinosaurs, but I mean, look at that guy below), negotiated, and taught me all the technical things that have helped mold me into me the creative I am today.
It was always him. And, it still is him. I am forever grateful to have him in my life as an adult. I am still learning from him. I still believe his childish “lies.” I love him.
Happy Father’s Day. I love you, dad. (We all do)!
This weekend (Saturday, May 25th) is Indie in the Big D, hosted by the Dallas Observer. Although by now you probably know the address, here it is: 406 S Haskell Ave, Dallas, TX
The event is FREE and runs 11am-7pm and there will be food trucks, music, and tons of independent & local vendors. Come out and support your local small businesses!
Definitely come The Good Child booth and meet my dear friend, Arturo Torres. Arturo will be running The Good Child table for the day, as I have an unexpected trip I need to take. Arturo is an incredible illustrator/painter, fellow creative, and partner in crime (crime, as in riding bikes and eating really good food). I really trust Arturo to tell The Good Child story and to mingle with my supporters. I know he “gets it” and really loves this city we work in and for.
Check out Loyal KNG’s video of Arturo, here.
Make sure when you stop by that you snag some free buttons (there’s barely any left!) and stickers to share, or, you know, hoard all to yourself in your secret free swag stash (we all have one). Don’t let Arturo scare you – take one!
Also on deck will be a NEW t-shirt release! Alexa Machine has been busy working up new designs for everyone as of late and The Good Child is also being put on the press this week. The new exclusive, “Stay Good,” will be limited to 24 tees, sizes XS-2XL (I’m listening, 2XL supporters!) in a beautiful sheer summer jersey cotton style from American Apparel.
As usual, these tees are made entirely in the USA, from design to garment to printing!
I am sad to have to miss all of you this weekend, but I am so grateful (and totally happy) that Arturo will be standing in for me. Also, thank YOU guys for continuing to support the brand.
Get out, shop indie, see you later!
The days are getting closer and closer to screen printing group Alexa Machine Company’s big summer outdoor market sponsored by the Dallas Observer. The event, Indie in the Big D, will run all day (11am-7pm) on May 25th at 406 South Haskell Avenue in Dallas. It’s free, all ages, and filled with local vendor booths, food trucks, and local music.
Guess what else will be there?
A brand spanking new t-shirt from The Good Child, designed & made in the USA (with printing help from Alexa Machine, of course).
Here is just a sneak peek…see the whole design in the days closer to the event itself. It will be available for purchase at Indie in the Big D, with left over inventory being available in the online shop the following Monday.
See you out there! Thank you for supporting small business!
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine asked me in an interview why I have been able to achieve everything I have always wanted to achieve. Was it my parents? Was it my friends? Was there a mentor? Who helped push me into success?
It hit me that my parents never once questioned my dreams. Never. It gave me the chills… How had I been so lucky?
I was adopted.